Everyone desires have fresh looking and high quality lawn that looks aesthetically pleasing and adds value to their property. But, not every homeowner has expertise in gardening. Growing lawn from scratch or having a new one isn’t nearly difficult as you might think, even if you’re a novice.
It will be beneficial to pick the best and only experienced supplier for Coventry turf supplieslike topsoil and garden turfs. Simply follow tips to have a healthy and beautiful lawn at your space:
- Determining your exact needs: First of all, pick your moment and determine how should be your dream lawn. It’s best to know the right time to grow your lawn and determine the exact needs.
- Removing the old lawn: Whether you’ve a small or big lawn area, your old, worn lawn needs to be removed. If you’ve a small garden area, this can be done by slicing underneath the grass with turf spade. For the larger ones, you can hire turf cutter. Homeowner needs to make sure that old lawn is completely removed.
- Preparing the ground thoroughly: To prepare the ground, soil should be cultivated or turned over to a depth or around 150mm. By using a spade, one can dig the soil manually or you can have a powered cultivator for less labor intensive approach and more thorough breaking up of soil. To add much needed nutrients to the existing soil and make your preparation easier, it’s necessary to add high quality top soil to it. From some reputable lawn turf suppliers, you can buy high-quality topsoil that is screened to give your lawn the best start.
- Buying a good-quality turf: Homeowners need to check what sort or turf is best suited to their desires, climate and their exact needs. It is advisable to buy the turfs that are grown locally and harvested on daily basis. From turf suppliers, you can buy good quality turf rolls with right length and thickness. Ideally, you should buy only fresh rolls and try to lay them as early as possible.
- Laying the turf perfectly: While laying the turf, start at one side and work across and lay the turfs close together in a pattern like bricks. You may also need to add or remove the soil to level the ground and if a turf looks a lower than it’s neighboring turfs, remove a bit of soil.
- Regularly maintain your lawn: To allow your lawn to root, leave it undisturbed and regularly maintain it. You can also hire the professionals for maintenance.